Best basketball player?

Sunday 22 January 2012

Scratch

Judging from the title, you probably already know what I'm going to talk about. SCRATCH! When I first started the project, I was very frustrated to learn a whole new program and thought it was going to be very boring! But as I progressed on making a game, I found it fun and easy. Basically the way I learned this project was going to the scratch website (which you can do by searching scratch on google) and watching the tutorial videos. In addition Ms. Pelat grouped us to see how others in the class made their scratch. The basic way to structure a game is going into controls and dragging the "When green flag is pressed" and placing it on the space beside the stage. Once performed, you can use whichever tool and attach it under the "When green flag is pressed." Oh! Before using the action buttons, you must first create your animation photos. You can click the stage button on the bottom right and edit your background, edit your figure, etc. Anyways, there are "x" and "y" values which can be set by putting your mouse on the center of the figure, it will show the x and y coordinates. The finished product should be possible to win. By the way, something I could do better next time in Scratch would be to create clear, detailed photos(neatness). Also, I should make it so that the ball becomes faster every time it is hit with the "Welcome" line. I learned alot, I learned how to make multiple sprites move, switch the background, enable a death count, and use the "x" and "y" coordinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment